Mikros Animation is currently working on various full CG feature films, including Tiger’s Apprentice (Paramount Feature Animation) directed by Carlos Baena and produced by Paramount Animation in Paris.
We are looking for Animation Leads to join our great team!
Under the supervision of the Animation Director, the Lead Animator ensures that the artistic vision of the Director is respected. Managing a team of animators and reviewing their work while providing them with technical assistance and guidance.
In addition to the artistic and technical responsibilities, the Animation Lead assists in the recruitment of his team and participates in interviews
- Work directly with the Animation Director and other Animation Leads to participate in the research of the style and quality targeted for the project by the Director.
- Participate in the hiring of their animation team.
- Supervise, guide and technically/artistically evaluate their team.
- Work on the storyboard/animatic/layout and create interpretations of key-frame animations
- Maintain the plan-to-plan work continuity at a level of quality required.
- Respect the animation quotas given by production for the team.
- Prepare presentation elements for dailies.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in 3D animation.
- Excellent experience with Maya, ideally in an animation feature film production environment.
- Ability to work in an established pipeline and with the tools created for the project.
- Excellent understanding of storyboard/animatic/layout.
- Ability to transcribe director’s comments to a team.
- Ability to teach and guide others, helping them evolve technically and artistically.
- Strong leadership abilities, with excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Having previous Lead experience is an asset
Salary & Contract
- Location: Paris, 4th
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Compensation: according to profile
- 75% Navigo refund upon presentation of a proof
- Restaurant Tickets = 9,35€/worked day
- Start date: ASAP