In the context of its still confidential new animated feature films, Mikros Animation Montreal is looking for an Art Director!
Join our wonderful and very talented team for this exciting adventure, great projects and challenges ahead!
Mikros is looking for an experienced Art Director to work on an exciting new animated feature film. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of creative leadership, great interpersonal skills and animation production experience at a senior level, who is excited by the prospect of setting the visual direction for this ambitious movie in close collaboration with the director and production designer.
- Driving and managing the visual development of all of the movie’s design requirements.
- Effectively communicating the visual direction of the movie, by providing and sourcing relevant imagery and documentation.
- Collaborating with our director and carefully interpreting his feedback to ensure we meet our creative brief.
- Supervising a talented design department in generating art for our characters, sets and props as well as establishing mood, color language and lighting for our movie.
- Providing clear, concise and detailed direction to your design team for their assignments.
- Collaborating closely with other department supervisors and reviewing designs, models, surfacing, the color script, set dressing and light keys to ensure we meet the high production standards we expect to deliver to our clients.
- Providing clear and practical feedback to ensure the visual direction remains consistent for the duration of the production.
- Prioritizing, problem solving and finding efficient and effective solutions to allow us to complete the production to schedule and to budget.
- Developing and nurturing the skills and abilities of all the digital artists in your team.
- Have the ability to work to deadlines, be comfortable under pressure and able to effectively manage, motivate and develop your team and their skills.
- Collaborate closely with the production team to stay aligned with the production’s overall goals.
- Have 5+ years’ of experience working in animated features or television in Art & Design departments in a senior role.
- Experience in Commercial and North American feature animation movies
- Excellent drawing skills
- Have art directed (or acted in a similar role) at least one animated feature film.
- Be an excellent artist in their own right, as demonstrated through past work and/or their portfolio.
- Be either Canadian or hold Permanent Residency in Canada and be open to relocating to Montreal.
- Have a clear understanding of the steps and processes involved in creating and taking 2D designs all the way from concept through to final image in a 3D pipeline.
- Knowledge of drawing software including Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge in Maya is a plus.
Salary & Contract
Status: Contractual / full time
Annual Salary: To be discussed
N-B. Mikros Animation is an equal opportunity employer.