In the context of its still confidential new animated feature films, Mikros Animation Montreal is looking for a Production accountant.
Join our wonderful and very talented team for this exciting adventure, great projects and challenges ahead!
We are looking for a dynamic Production Accountant who will look after aspects of film finance.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support the financial controller in preparing detailed cost estimates for the run of the projects;
- Prepare Analysis to the financial controller on the profitability of each show, and provide insight into opportunities and risks;
- Perform cost analysis of ongoing shows;
- Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management;
- Report, forecast and analyze all future revenues and associated costs on ongoing projects.
- Month end duties including reporting and forecasting all (future) revenues and costs on film projects
- Provide financial (cost) Analysis to the Executive Producer, Head of Production and operations on the profitability of each show, and provide insight into opportunities and risks using existing tool-set
- Will work closely with production team to collect the more relevant data on shows in production
- Participate in the preparation of the budget with the local financial controller
- Participate in Tax Credits files compilation
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support
- 3 to 5 years experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models;
- Communicant, attached to details but also able to synthesize;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Being able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results;
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders such as HR, Production, IT, and Management;
- Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills;
- VFX industry knowledge is an asset
Salary & Contract
Status: Contractual / full time
Annual Salary: To be discussed
N-B. Mikros Animation is an equal opportunity employer.