Under the supervision of the Head of Pipeline, the Technical Directors (TD) participate in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of the pipeline and production tools.
Led and supported by the Lead TD Character, the TD Character is specialised in character manufacturing workflow issues in Maya. It works closely with the Character division (dedicated to film production) which includes character modelling, rig and CFX.
- Develop tools and associated procedures to support the character creation process
- Understand the artistic requirements of the film, as well as the technical processes and manufacturing tools that will enable them to be met
- Supporting the Character teams in solving daily problems through the right communication channels
- Develop the Mikros Animation “Tools Box” of the Character Modeling (including facial tools), Rig and CFX departments.
- Test and validate new versions of pre-existing tools, both interactive (Maya/ proprietary software), in an active production environment
- Liaise with the software team to ensure compliance with internal practices
- Understand the processes of neighbouring departments in the production chain to those of Characters and provide them with the necessary assistance to ensure the efficiency and quality of the tools used
- Create and update the technical documentation of the tools developed.
- Work closely with the character modeling, rig, CFX and animation teams and other TDs
- Implement effective strategies that will meet the requirements of the character department
- Work in accordance with Mikros Animation’s coding style to ensure the readability of the code produced
- Strong knowledge of Python development
- Previous experience as a TD on animated feature films, animated TV series and/or VFX feature film projects
- Understanding of the modeling, rig and CFX departments
- Knowledge of Maya
- Ability to review code and resolve related issues as they arise
- Ability to quickly understand the use of commercially available and proprietary software tools
- Ability to organise work effectively and prioritise requests from artists while meeting expected production deadlines
- Strong English and/or French language skills
- Ability to adapt your technical and artistic discourse to the people you are addressing
- Ability to work as part of a team and to share your knowledge
… Additionnal assets :
- Knowledge of character building, geometric deformations, technical language specific to rig
- Coding in C++
Salary & Contract
- Location: Paris, 4th (Remote work would be considered for this position)
- Contract: Fixed-term contract (CDDU, Intermittent du Spectacle)
- Compensation: according to profile
- 75% Navigo refund upon presentation of a proof (=public transport)
- Restaurant Tickets = 9,35€/worked day (=luncheon voucher).
- Start date: ASAP